The Brisbane Trail Ultra is super excited to welcome Stephanie Auston to the Brisbane Trail Ultra Race Ambassador Team. Steph is a physiotherapist from the stunning Sapphire Coast on the South Coast of NSW Australia and is ready to run the 60 km Trail Ultramarathon. She is a favourite to win a trip to Japan to race the Hakuba International Trails in September 2019.
Steph Auston is an absolute weapon. Yes, we have a few female weapons on the Brisbane Trail Ultra Race Ambassador Team, Alana Vought, Karen Barrett and now Steph Auston our latest female weapon. Steph is classy, talented and is a super fast ultramarathon trail runner. From 5 km to 50 km (and our 60km!) she will be up there and the favourite to win. Watch out boys.
“Someone might be getting chicked today boys”.
Steph can also hold her own on the road too, with a 4th pace in Dubai with a 2:47. Steph has had an impressive 22nd place at the at Zegama Mountain Marathon in Spain on a brutally challenging course. We believe that the Brisbane Trail Ultra 60 km Ultra marathon course will suit Steph’s running style with a great combination of single trails, massive climbs and a little bit of road into the finish line at the vibrant Brisbane Southbank.
Steph calls the Sapphire Coast of NSW home and is a proud member of the Sapphire Coast Runners and Parkrun director at Merimbula.
Notable 2018 races include a win at the 6 foot track ultramarathon and 2nd at UTA 50km. However the year was cut short due to injury whilst preparing for Oriseres`, Champex – Lac, Chamonix ( OCC ) 55km and 3500m (A shorter part of the Ultra trail Mt Blanc Trail Running Festival). Steph was also going to participate in the Sky Running World Championships 2018.
We are all looking forward to seeing Steph back up and racing in 2019 and especially racing in our 60km event, a distance she believes she is capable of racing hard and fast.
The Brisbane Trail Ultra Team extend our warmest welcome to Steph and the Sapphire Coast runners and wish you all happy and safe training.
Stephanie Auston’s Results Below
- Glow worm trail run weekend-
- 1st Female 2nd overall in Half marathon
- 1st overall in 6km bolt
- 2nd female in Mountain Dash
- 1st Female 5th overall in Marathon
- Zegama Mountain Marathon Spain- 22nd female in Elite field
- Ultra Trail Australia 50km – 2nd Female in 5hrs 04
- Wings for life world run- 3rd Australian Female 43.5km
- Buffalo stampede 40k ultra 1st female 7th overall
- Buffalo stampede sky sprint 20k. 1st female 7th overall
- Six Foot Track- 45km trail. 1st female 3.57.
- Snowy Mountain 50km Trail. 1st overall in 4.22 🙂
- Dubai Marathon- 19th Overall 2.47.53 (with 1 minute stop)- 2.46 and 4th Open
- Female/ 2nd age category.