So one final release of the course maps before the big day. Don’t worry, if you’ve already printed things off. The changes are mostly aesthetic except for two minor adjustments:
Minor Change One – the 100 mile at 97km
100 Milers – we’ve already been in touch on this one, but please find the update to the Taylors Break section at your 97km-99km mark.
The old map had you going from Cabbage Tree Range Rd onto Taylors Break before the intersection with Job 6 Rd. The new route corrects this. This correction adds an 1.5km to the course, but no significant elevation gain or loss.
Huge thanks to those who pointed this one out and our apologies for not getting it right first go!
Minor Change Two – CP1 McAfees Lookout
National Parks have asked us to shift CP1 McAfees lookout a little further east into the lookout grounds. This is so the general public don’t need to navigate around the party the Bunya Belles and Bunyaville Trail Runners are throwing to get into the lookout. You’ll still be running to McAfees Lookout, just not all the way up to the car park.
Note that the toilets will still be up in the carpark
Minor Change Three – The Red Bull Climb
While not really a course change – with Red Bull coming on board and the establishment of the Red Bull Climb, we’ve made an addition to the map.
- All maps are now at a 1:25,000 – this means much easier to read, and common scaling which should reduce any confusion with understanding scale.
- We’ve changed the route colours to match the colours on your race bibs.
- You’ll notice above – we’ve fixed that nasty brown colour on the 100 mile map.
- We’ve made the 5km and 1km markers a little easier to read.
- Check Point Labels – We’ve jammed as much information in there as possible, so you have it as an easy reference.
- We’ve made the other courses a little more prominent (the dark gray line below.
All of these changes are now live through the maps links for the various events.
As you’d expect, we’re pretty flat out putting the finishing touches on the event, but please reach out if you have any questions.
Brisbane Trail Ultra Festival