Brisbane Trail Ultra is proud to announce our race ambassadors;
At the Brisbane Trail Ultra we believe in supporting the trail running community. That is why we have chosen Ben Duffus Brisbane QLD, Alana Vought Gold Coast QLD, Karren Barrett Newcastle NSW, Stephanie Auston and Samuel Burridge will representing the Brisbane Trail Ultra and supporting our event.
Hear from our local race ambassadors Alana Vought and Ben Duffus in our interview.
Ben Duffus- Brisbane, QLD Australia
- 2018 Blackall 50 win
- 2018 Pomona KOM Win 2018 Australian Running Championships 1st,
- 2018 9 Dragons Hong Kong 3rd
- 2018 2nd place UTA 100 2018
- 2018 Kawerau King of the Mountain 2nd NZ
- 2013 3rd Place Skyrunning Ultra Championships Chamonix France. Etc
- Hoka One One Shoes, Pack and Shorts.
- Compression: Compressport R2 V2 Calf sleeves
- Socks: Le Bent Run Light Micro
- Underwear: Aerodaks
- Nutrition: Infinit Nutrition Custom Formula
- Coaching-Andy Dubois mile27coaching
Alana Vought-Gold Coast QLD Australia
- 2017 1st Female Team Kokoda 96km Gold Coast
- 2018 1st Place Blackall 100km
- 2018 1st Place Coastal High 50
- 2018 1st Place Brisbane Rail Trail 50km
- 2018 3rd Overall, 2nd Mixed Team and close 1st Mixed Team at the Kokoda Challenge GC 96km it looks like the GC Physio Teams were close with only 2 minutes separating the GC Physio and Health Teams.
Nutrition: Trail Brew
Karen Barrett-Newcastle, NSW Australia
Results and Achievements-
- 1st Place 150km ANZAC Solo 1st Female 2015
- 1st Place Buffalo Stampede Grand Slam 2017
- 2nd Place Gilpin Short course 2017
- 1st Overall Dungog 1/2 marathon 2016
- 1st Age Category 45-50 Blackall 100 2014
- 3rd Place Gilpin Long Course 2018
- Silver Buckle UTA 100
- 135 Down Under Race Ambassador 2019
- “Kids in Care” a trail running coaching program helping kids get out in the bush.
- Riverwood Downs Trail Run-Dog Friendly Trail Running Event
- Tail Runner Founder
Coaching – Shona Stephenson Race Director Brisbane Trail Ultra.
Stephanie Auston Sapphire Coast, NSW Australia
- Glow worm trail run weekend- 1st Female
- 2nd overall in Half marathon (sat)
- 1st overall in 6km bolt(sat)
- 2nd female in Mountain Dash (sat)
- 1st Female 5th overall in Marathon (Sunday)
- Zegama Mountain Marathon Spain- 22nd female in Elite field
- Ultra Trail Australua 50km – 2nd Female in 5hrs 04
- Wings for life world run- 3rd Australian Female 43.5km
- Buffalo stampede 40k ultra 1st female 7th overall
- Buffalo stampede sky sprint 20k. 1st female 7th overall
- Six Foot Track- 45km trail. 1st female 3.57.
- Snowy Mountain 50km Trail. 1st overall in 4.22 🙂
- Dubai Marathon- 19th Overall 2.47.53 (with 1 minute stop)- 2.46 4th Open Female/ 2nd age category.
Sam Burridge Canberra, ACT Australia
- 3rd 2016 Buffalo Stampede Marathon (last up year)
- 6th 2016 UTA50
- 3rd 2016 Iron Legs Ultra (Canada)
- 1st 2016 Hume and Hovell 50km
- 9th 2017 UTA50
- 2nd 2017 Wagga Trail Marathon
- 4th 2018 Australian Mountain Running Championships
- 1st 2018 UTA50
- 80th 2018 World Mountain Running Championships (First Australian)
- 7th 2018 Point to Pinnacle